1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanting to get Press Releases from Pro Sports Teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Digital Sports Daily, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

We're a group of professional writers and editors, most coming from an education in English, journalism and more making or having made a living with both. So we tend to pick up a lack of punctuation, a general disregard for spelling and grammar and contradicting statements. It's what we do.

And when your online personality is almost solely taken from the keys you push -- or don't push -- that's how you're going to be viewed. You could have a 4.0 at Yale, but if you start, in essence, throwing up on your keyboard, you'll come off looking like a community-college dropout.

2. Grammar weeps. Syntax drank itself into a stupor. And Punctuation just swallowed a bullet.

Well done.

3. I am not the smartest guy in the world so I will need all the help I can get if my website is going to make the kind of dough I want it too. I actually am working on my GED

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Proper grammar and intelligent use of the English language would be a good start, unless this is some kind of special Indianabonics taught at "IU."

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

whut?

That sentence is not in English.

6. I was lying about IU

7. Can you get a job in sports journalism without a college degree?

8. No shit?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Enough. It's almost time for our virtual sports geek White Castle run. Farewell, Travis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.