1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanting to get Press Releases from Pro Sports Teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Digital Sports Daily, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any tips?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Goddamn. You hit that out of the park.

3. What part of the Hoosier state are you from Travis?

4. just outside of Indianapolis. Majored in Sports Journalism at IU looking to get back in school when I pay off my tuition bill

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Know should really be no, unless this is 'net Journalism.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

So I guess you flunked out because you qualify for financial aid if you get a "C" average and don't withdraw from all of your classes. I'm only asking because you have no clue as to what copyright is and I'm thinking you haven't made it through a journalism class. A media law class would definitely be the first class to take when you get your freebie appeal back into school

7. No my last semester I had a 3.79 thanks for the self esteem boost though

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You're definitely shitting me on that one if you are really majoring in journalism. Is IU some code word for a beauty school in Indiana so you can pass yourself off as going to a university?

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

yeah me too. I thought there would be pictures of hounds and all that. Very impressive, ladies and gents.

EDIT: Wait? Hark? What's that I hear? Never mind. ;D

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah. Don't.

What are you trying to accomplish with your Web site? If people already have access to the Internet, they can find ESPN, Yahoo!, CBS Sports, MLB.com, NFL.com, NBA.com, NHL.com, etc. -- all of which produce, not only their own press releases, but also game and feature stories -- too. What use will they have for your site?

I'm not going to speak for the rest of these idiots, but I get most of my sports news online from Yahoo! Sports, along with various papers. The last thing I want -- Internet-speaking -- is another site to further complicate or throw a wrench in my habits.

My guess is very few professional sports franchises are going to take the time and effort -- no matter how little of each it'd be; and it wouldn't take more than a few seconds -- to do anything extra for someone who doesn't work for a credible organization.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Now I'm confused. I also know there's no sports journalism major at IU.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Are 'net journalism' and 'citizen journalism' the same?

I fears they may bee.

Slappy, please release them. Someone release them. They're barking pretty loudly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.