1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: New hometown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

San Diego was my first thought.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I guess Jonesy's as fed up as the rest of us are with the brutal fucking winter we've had in southern and eastern Ontario.

As for Hamilton, the best part of it is in the rear-view mirror and it smells like the world's biggest cheeseburger fart.

As that classic old joke goes, my girlfriend asked me to kiss her where it stinks so I took her to Hamilton.

I'll be here all week!

(Don't worry, JR, you know where to find me tomorrow to kick my ass!)

For what it's worth, if I could move anywhere in the US my first choice would be San Diego.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How about Austin? The weather's not the most comfortable during the summer, but I think it fits the other criteria and is a cool town.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

They have some good schools around the area as well. Depending in what part of Austin you live.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Not to take this sideways, but when it comes time to sell your house let us know and we can help with the selling process. Remove the clutter, take down all family pictures, vanilla wafers on low heat in the oven before open houses/showings, etc.

Did you ever install that urinal?

6. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of NC.

couple hours from the beach, couple from the mountains. good schools. fun things to do.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Mountains in North Carolina? Aren't those more like hills?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You won't get the temperate climate... But I was the happiest I have been when I lived in Chicago. It may have been more related to where I was in my life, but I really love that city. And for some reason I see you there... in one of the northern suburbs.

You get the lake. You get the nice-sized city. But it isn't NY or LAish, where you feel like you don't have a handle on the place. Only downside if you do it is that I might actually come visit you... but unlisted phone numbers are easy to get nowadays, and I have lots of friends there who don't flee when I come, so don't let that discourage you.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Raleigh, N.C. - It does snow and ice there occasionally, but flights would be plentiful, schools are outstanding and the beach is 2.5 hours away. Can be a bit pricey, though.

Charleston, S.C. - The only drawback is the occasional hurricane threat.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Mount Mitchell, in North Carolina, is the highest peak east of the Mississippi River.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I love Charleston, hell I'm there right now, but when you fly as much as Jones that would problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted