1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: New hometown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Mar 8, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

what about san diego or dallas?

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's because you put a ) after an 8. Happens occasionally when people make long lists.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jones in Dallas? Deep Ellum might finally return to the sleazy days of yore.

On the plus side, his Canuckistani offspring would have plenty of ice hockey leagues to join there.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Last time I was down there was in 2005, and housing prices were even higher than normal, since a lot of the housing stock had been wiped out by Ivan. Don't know how that's held up given the recent real-estate downturn in southwest Florida.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

What about Moddyvillle?
    aka Richmond, Va.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was my first thought, especially with some places being about the same drive -- 45 minutes or so -- to both the Philly and Baltimore airports. South Side Pittsburgh also came to mind.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I thought that, too. But he doesn't want snow so it's out.

9. rube

rube Active Member

Flint, Mich.

Also a joke.

10. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Seattle has most of what you're looking for Jones, though it might be tough getting a house in the city at that price. But it is surrounded by water, has a pretty damn temperate climate (snows maybe a few times a winter and rarely gets above 85 in the summer). The airport is pretty descent, and ther will be transit connecting the airport to downtown in a year or so.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My parents are on the Eastern Shore, and they don't get much snow. Lots of geese though.

12. Not much better.

And I think Jones' requirement of a temperate climate wipes out Naples.

Draft saved Draft deleted