1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted: It's the movie the Wachoski Brothers could only dream to make!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

No mention of Gone in 60 Seconds?? ;D

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I really enjoyed the badly dubbed over sex scene in "Taking Lives."

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I appreciated 'Gia' for its nudity, but I didn't think much of the movie.
    I never thought much of 'Girl, Interrupted' either.

I just thought of another good movie Jolie was in - 'Pushing Tin.'

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just got back from it. Like TigerVols says, the action scenes are pretty kick-ass. The meager crowd at my show was cheering out loud. I've never been a big fan of Jolie, but, damn, she is one sexy mama! I think I enjoyed Iron Man more, but WANTED definitely had some great moments.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Saw it tonite. Wow. Just... wow. Action scenes are truly amazing, and graphic as hell. Naked Jolie ass, to boot (tho, I'd never boot it). Here's my shocker of the nite -- understand, plenty of rough language and bullets transitting heads in slo-mo. Then, when filing out, I see jackass parents with kid (6-7 years old) in tow. I actually said "WTF are you bringing a kid to this for?" loud enuf that dad heard. I got a dirty look. Dipshit.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The movie is so over the top that I laughed -- multiple times, including in the end when all the assassins had McAvoy surrounded and, if you've seen it, you know what happens.

Still, it was a good time.

7. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I'm intrigued now. I have to admit - Over time, I've grown to realize you people are generally dead on with movies.

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

just saw it with the girlfriend. great flick. loved the Jolie ass-shot. But think McAvoy carried this movie. Though, I love Morgan Freeman in anything he does.
    Loved the visuals of Iron Man, the action of Hulk, and this was just a great shoot-em-up type of film.
    Might be the first summer movie i decide to see a second time.

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I did not leave the theater after watching "Wanted" with an erection like TigerVols did. I was disappointed. Maybe I'll give it another try when it's on DVD.

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Oh, i certainly will watch it on dvd, cause i loved Jolie's ass!

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I saw it today. Fantastic effects. Worth going to the theater just to see those on the big screen.

I'm not sure anybody other than McAvoy acted. Morgan Freeman and Angie seemed to be portraying themselves or at least the characters they're always cast as.

The DVD will be mine, and yes, partially because of the shot of Angie. Phenomenal tat work on that woman.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

My price of admission was paid off in hearing Morgan Freeman say, "motherfucker."

Draft saved Draft deleted