1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted: Good customer service

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jan 21, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I had a similar thing happen to me at a Holiday Inn Select on a cross-country drive about three years ago, king. It was incredibly difficult to just get a human on the phone, much less figure out why they charged me twice. I'd be willing to bet if I didn't notice the funds were missing, they wouldn't have fixed the "oversight" as they called it.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

UPDATE -- Yee-haw! Checked my account this morning ... and the fuckers charged me AGAIN! BBB, hotel manager and my bank have all been contacted. I'm asking for a complete refund, even for the original charge.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Damn that is some shit. It does sound like there may indeed be a glitch not that that makes it better. Good luck getting this resolved

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hockey team I worked for was double charged by a restaurant for a post-game meal. Called VISA to dispute the charge and once I got through the voicemail hell I was told it would be between 30 to 45 days before this would be resolved.

Fed up, I called the restaurant. Girl on the other end told me to send all the info to her and she would pass it to the general manager to look into. Less than an hour later the GM called back and apologized, said we were right, it was a mistake and we would be credited within 24 hours. Don't even thnk it took that long for the credit to be done. That was some good customer service.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't forget corporate!
    Had this happen with a power outage several years ago... was the hottest day of the year and the power went out. A Ramada a few blocks away had power, but didn't tell anyone that the sealed room was without AC. I bitched and they said "sorry. Oh, the ice machine is out too."
    At checkout, I asked for 20 percent off and didn't get it. I was so mad, I went to corporate and demanded a full refund... and got it.
    The franchisee was not happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted