1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: Drinking Partners.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Just a wee bump to see if there are any more takers for drinking in Minneapolis this weekend. Friday and Saturday will be the big nights, as far as drinking till I puke on my laptop is concerned. I'll be at the bar from lunch till close.

So far, we have one absolute guest attendee, one strong possibility, and one maybe. The more, the merrier.

If you missed this message the first time around, if suddenly your weekend has opened up, if -- miracles of miracles -- your generous work has decided to send you to cover the Twins in Minnesota when they happen to be playing in Texas, PM me or post here and we'll put together a world-class warm-up for Toronto '06.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jones
    You better not get so wasted in the Twin Cities that you bail on the Toronto outing.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

You guys better pray that Friday night's game goes into extra innings. The more hours I have you at my bar-hopping mercy, the less chance you have of making it out alive.

In other words, I'll be there, if only to help carry out the bodies.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And what places do you have in mind for your bar-hopping itinerary? We could take everybody over to The Wheat Sheaf.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For me, this was about a month off . . . so regrettable.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

I've always liked my bar hopping to be an organic thing, so nothing in particular in mind. But if the group is bored or stymied, I have plenty of suggestions. The Sheaf, though, is a fine start.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

That's too bad Ben. But I've decided I'm going to post most of my trips in my sig, so with all the bouncing we all do around the country, I should meet just about everybody by the fall of 2008, I reckon.

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Just wondering if Jones or any of his guests can check in and give us an update on the shenanigans.
    Maybe some stats: how many beers drank, sexual harrassment arrests, fights, etc...

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I second that. Maybe one of the Moddy's could stick this for 48 hours.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, I just ate something like 22 ounces of prime rib with horseradish for lunch and drunk four or five bottles of Zywiec, a delightful Polish beer, while talking to Chicago Mike, the bartender.

I've now returned to the Courtyard by Marriott and taken a calamitous shit.

Soon, I will take a nap.

Around dinner, I'm going to head back for some shortribs and blueberry Mizurka. My principal drinking companion -- "joe" -- just called to announce that's he's hit the road. He has 467 miles to go, so he expects to be here by around nine or ten. I have not met the man, but he will be sleeping in my room tonight.

By the time he gets here, I should be both full and fucked. Is he in for a treat. Long way for him to drive for someone to puke on him.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Zywiec is the unofficial beer of Mimico. Since there are more Poles in my neighbourhood than in any place outside Warsaw (you can look it up), you see more signs for Zywiec in bars than you do for Molson Canadian around here.

Good beer. Difficult to pronounce.

12. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Aw man, you're cheating! I thought you were supposed to be there from open to close every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted