1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WANTED: Drinking Partners.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Armchair... Hadn't thought of that, but might be fun. Perhaps if my hotel is close by. Pretty sure said bar will not have wireless.

Seabasket, indeed, I invented the vaccine for whooping cough. No cutoff. I have been told that I need to sample most mixed drinks, to make sure they're good. I will also drink all local beers. I am fairly certain that if I survive, I will poop out my liver, or at least good chunks of it. I plan on writing the story on the fly, perhaps even while sitting at the bar. I suspect the language will be salty.

P.S.: Looks like someone is going to drive something like 467 miles to join the cause. That, my friends, is dedication.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

And here they are!

[​IMG]

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jonesy - 21 and I have decided that this might be the perfect coming out party for us. We will play a little game of who can identify boom and 21 sitting at bar . correct guesser will win a prize to be determine.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, Boom, I'll be the guy with puke on my three-day-old shirt. No prize for that one.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

www.urinal.net

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, that's fucking awesome, goalmouth. Just remind me not to go pee in Luxor, Egypt.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Now you really know what camera phones are for.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Modern Drunkard's annual convention was held in Las Vegas at the same time as APSE's annual convention. Coincidence? I think not.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Even though you were around long before I got here, I have only a brief opportunity left to say this to you, Jonesy -- Fetch me a beer, newbie! :D

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

That's fine. It'll be waiting for you in Minneapolis. If it goes unclaimed, I drink it. Them's the rules.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dammit! I actually could make it to Minneapolis the following week. Goddamned wisdom teeth!

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So will that leave you with no teeth? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted