1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted: Deadbeat parents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Alimony, maybe. Child support, no. If you don't want to pay child support, don't fuck.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mr. Spoon has spent most of posts bashing women or Title IX. That's all the explaining I need.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I disagree. If you're going to fly in with a drive-by comment like that, without even a shred of information to back up or explain that assertion, you're open game for blasting.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I happily pay child support for the welfare of my son (I also provide his health insurance, happily as well) and would, even if the courts didn't require me to do so.

That being said, I can understand some of the anger behind keef spoon's rant. The judicial system is INCREDIBLY unfair to the dad, especially those who actually are pretty damned interested in being a real parent.

I'm not going to delve too deeply into my personal details, although Rallen13 could certainly vouch for my committment and heart as a parent.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I guess I should have put the smiley at the end of the post...

6. boots

boots New Member

THIS IS JUST WRONG.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I second this. He's a clearly defined troll with a history of bashing women.

8. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

The system is very much rigged to one side. And yes (apologies in advance if this is "misogyny") there are mothers out there who are glad to take daddy's money but will fight any attempt by the father to be part of his child's life.

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

But SC was reacting to a comment about "deadbeat dads". By definition, fathers that aren't paying and don't care. There is a difference. Those parents deserve no sympathy whatsoever. Zero.

SC I Am aware that you do not need my help in this. Just trying to clear things up.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

There are certainly mothers who abuse the system and fathers who are involved parents. Certainly, the system isn't perfect. This is not about them.

Deadbeats suck. Even deadbeats who have custody but don't care for their children.

And Spoon wasn't contributing to the conversation, he was just trolling for reactions.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You got a problem with Shawn Kemp?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the guy who married my bitch of a first cousin once was paying $800 a month child support a few years back. kids were 14 and 11. he lived in washington, she lived in montana ... not a lotta weekend visits happening there.

oh yeah, the kids lived with him. seems as though his attorney told him it would be cheaper to eat the eight fun tickets a month rather than fight it because of the way child support is set up -- he probably wouldn't have won anyway. it was the first time i'd heard about a "deal" like this taking place, but i've seen it in action many times since.

Draft saved Draft deleted