1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanted: College Football Recruiting Experts

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by bdmorgan, Aug 20, 2011.

1. bdmorgan

bdmorgan New Member

OnsideKick.com is looking to expand its writing team. Specifically, we are looking for regional writers to cover college recruiting, which would include interviews with prospects, analysis, and recruiting news updates.

If you are interested and well-qualified (former coach/recruiter, scout, or recruiting analyst), contact me at the locations listed down below.

Thanks!

Bryan Morgan
    Co-Founder/Editor: OnsideKick.com
    web: http://www.onsidekick.com
    email: bryan@onsidekick.com
    twitter: @Onside_Kick

2. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

Is this a full-time gig?

Seeing as you have 44 articles on the front page with a total of zero comments, I'm wondering if this isn't one of those we'll-split-the-profits-with-you or we'll-give-you-a-$200-per-month-stipend type of deals.

Either way, I wonder if this is best left to the freelance boards. If you are a legitimate operation and pay somewhat well, you'll have to excuse my misgivings. But you certainly left out a lot of information ...

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, we need to know if this pays cash money. Promptly.

4. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

From what I know, pay is roughly $35 an article (basically one article per week) paid through Elance.

5. bdmorgan

bdmorgan New Member

Yep - sorry. I realized after the fact that I should have posted on the freelance board but when I went to delete the original, it told me I wasn't allowed.

We're a startup so this is definitely a "We need to start small and hopefully scale up the workload as revenues allow" type of gig. In response to the other question about whether we pay cash money, yes of course. It's not a full-time job though with benefits, if that is the question being asked.

6. wildcat110

wildcat110 New Member

35 an article isn't bad, but I wonder if that is what's actually paid. Sounds more like revenue-sharing.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

And we know only Communists do that.

8. dvillavicencio6

dvillavicencio6 New Member

Bryan,

I used to do some work for scout.com and would be interested in working with you. If you are still looking, shoot me an e-mail at david.villavicencio@hotmail.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted