1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to work for the city of Bozeman? Fork over all of your online passwords.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 18, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Whomever says that is probably a Republican.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Whomever says? Deskslave smash!

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's certainly a valid point.

Beyond the privacy issues, there is fertile ground for discrimination based on someone's political, religious, social beliefs. It's just another tool of the "politically correct" to attempt to insure that no one who holds an opposing view is in any position of power. The next step will be some sort of political idealogical "litmus test" to see if one is "qualified" for a certain job.

Oh, well, I'm not worried. Just not going to play those sort of games.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with the "Well if you've done nothing wrong............" line for employer drug testing. Its an illegal activity.

This thread, however, is something different. It is ridiculous. For the record, I don't belong to any social networking sites, except my platinum membership to hornyteachernews.com.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What do you mean "the next step?" This is common practice for many government jobs and has been for a long time.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I recall just shortly after Obama was elected that people could apply for positions. On the application is specifically asked for all usernames and pseudonyms used for social network sites and message boards. It did not ask for passwords.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, I guess this would fall about no. 995 on the list of reasons why I wouldn't want to work in Bozeman.

Looks to me like they're trying to build up their Luddite population.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is just further proof that Missoula is vastly superior to Bozeman.

Better college football (without drug murders even!), cheaper housing (Bozeman's prices aren't far off Boston's), cheaper skiing, better bars and you don't have to turn over your passwords!

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Re: Want to work for the city of Bozeman? Fork over all of your online passwords

Huh? Wanting to give my private and personal information over to a government agency? That doesn't sound very Republican to me.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Unless the government has the slightest reason to think you may have committed a crime.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That must be someone else with the same name.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm 5-6 and weighed 130 pounds in high school, 150 by the end of college.

Google me and you'll find that I'm a professional power-lifter who starred at running back for a small Wisconsin college.

Draft saved Draft deleted