1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to own a newspaper chain? JRC stock at one penny

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You're having a bad day on this thread.

Both slappy and birdscribe were joking with their posts that you responded to with a serious tone.

2. lono

lono Active Member

The fucking's been going on for years. Didn't you get the memo?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I am really tempted to buy about 1,500 shares.

No blue font needed. Would be amusing to track that stock here.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

The papers and chains in the most trouble are the ones which are the poorest run and, in most cases, have treated their employees shabbily.

The reality is that the people who hold the debt will either have to liquidate, sell off papers, or find somebody to run JRC. People who owned the stock are not going to see a cent - ever.

And I can recall people on the yahoo boards laughing at former workers complaining, because they owned the stock and thought they were making money.

I doubt they are still laughing.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Scary part is, the gross revenue from the Sunday Oakland Press will be worth as much, if not more, than all JRC stock...

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The first one I responded to with a sarcastic tone, just like birdscribe did without the blue font.
    Second post I was full of fail and responded seriously Slappy's joking post.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

And amazingly, as terribly run as JRC is and as shabbily as it has treated its papers and employees, if the report on the Times (mentioned in another thread) is true, it could win the newspaper battle in Trenton. JRC could actually be vindicated if the friggin Trentonian is the last paper standing there. Bob Jelenic could actually get the last laugh.

Excuse me while I run to throw up.....

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sell newspapers? Who's buying newspapers these days?

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, the john is full.. .BYH beat you in there.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That still makes me sick.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jrc, cnhi and the lot sure picked a good time to experiment with newspaper ownership.

Draft saved Draft deleted