1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to Get Married? Answer these...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Granted, I wouldn't advise you and your beloved going out, buying a few meatball subs and a bottle of Faygo and hashing over all these questions in one sitting.

But if you haven't known at least one soon-to-be-married couple that resembles a speeding car without brakes, then you really don't get out much.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One of my best friends is getting married this summer. And while they've discussed the kids thing, they don't agree. She wants them, he's dead-set against them. I visualize a divorce when her biological clock starts ticking.

Not only should these questions be discussed, but some level of compromise needs to be reached (says an unmarried girl, at any rate).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

People don't care about marriage anymore. They're just in it for the wedding.
    It's about getting married, not about being married.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

This is why I'm never getting hitched.

I love my friends. But, for reasons I can't really fathom, they're all somewhat scared to be up front with me at times.

Which is fine, if it's just a matter of my new haircut not really working out or whatever.

But what if I ever become engaged to a young lady who, in the past, has had more beef go through her than the Kansas stockyards?

Sometimes, friendship means saying let me tell you something about you that YOU don't know. But I think most of us have stories about the times we've gone to a friend and suggested he/she could be doing better in the mating department. It never ends well.

Perhaps outside consultants should be hired before any union becomes official. Maybe that'll be my next career move.

6. sportschick

I'm the one who dates kids, Wicked!

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You must know my brother's last girlfriend...

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So weddings are the biggest threat to the institution of traditional marriage?

9. sportschick

Little girls who wanna dress up and play princess for a day and chose to get married as way to fulfill that dream are.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The only reasonable conclusion, yes.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

so how do we break the news to the fundamentalists that wedding ceremonies pose a bigger threat to the instution of tradional marriages than gay marriages do? :)

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Rev. Ted Haggard, line 1 ...

Draft saved Draft deleted