1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to buy a gift for Arkansas' governor?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Target: http://www.target.com/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=cm_cw_sr_1/602-4121181-4107816?ie=UTF8&type=wedding&id=3UEOREVJC84ED&jsebd=1

Dillards: http://www.dillards.com/wishlist/WLMasterServlet?rType=01&intent=ITEMS&rNum=120360110&orderBy=C

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/173040/ (via The Obscure Store)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And that likely ends his darkhorse Presidential campaign in 2008.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Candlesticks always make a nice gift ...

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Dillards (which IMO sucks) I understand because its based in Little Rock, but Target?

Not dissing Target because I love Target, but I'm not a sitting governor either.

If only 49 other people in the nation have a job similar in stature and prestige, then you don't register at Target. Am I wrong here?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Actually, I'm more surprised he registered at Target instead of Wal-Mart.

6. We're dealing with a lot of shit here.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The governor of Arkansas being registered at Target should be cause for a recall vote. I mean that state IS Wal-Mart

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good news! Nobody's bought them the Jack LaLanne juicer! You buy it for them, you can be the next secretary of transportation!

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I heard Corso's down for the Hawg hat ...

10. Freelance Hack

He's a lame duck already.

And dissing Wal-Mart earns him points in my opinion.

11. oldhack

oldhack Member

Tricky stuff for journos: Couple of years ago two reporters got tagged by the Ethics Police for sending baby shower gifts to a gov's wife. Don't think she was registered at Wal-Mart either.

12. Freelance Hack

Back when I was a small town political reporter, I made the mistake of printing my wedding announcement in the paper. At the City Council meeting the following Monday, two councilmembers walked up to me at the media table in front of other reporters and handed me Hallmark cards.

I didn't open them there, but when I got home one had a $25 check, which I never cashed.

Draft saved Draft deleted