1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want some more beans, Mr. Taggart?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake from State Farm, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

He who smelt it, dealt it.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

These days, could be a she!

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

I thought this was about FSU football.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Speaking of smelly.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Among my favorite thread titles ever. Well done.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So I used to play in a competitive darts league in Arizona ... one of the better players was an old Navajo dude who got too deep in his cups one night and started chucking steel-tip darts toward his opponent. He luckily missed, but he was not allowed back in the league.

Another time, I showed up for our usual Sunday afternoon tournament and asked where two of our other better players -- Fred and Roy -- were. They had been 86ed from the bar because Fred got angry and threw Roy through the plate-glass window the night before. They made up, but they certainly weren't allowed back in that establishment.

That's all to say that some darters have a bit of a drinking problem.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of the few activities where a couple of beers help you play better. I played for about 15 years at the highest level in SoCal. In the summer, the top guys from Europe came over and hung out at our dart bars. Really fun.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There's a definite sweet spot. I really start feeling it at about three beers. Any more than that and your consistency really takes a hit.

12. Vombatus

Hmm. Glad I know that your comments were about dart throwing. That paragraph could describe other things, like bowel function.

Cosmo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted