1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna talk about crazy uniforms?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'd do anything to go back and play ball, as long as it didn't involve watching a little girl choke on a hot dog. In that case, I'd probably walk away from it all and save her life.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Are minor league caps as hot as they used to be? A few years back it seemed like every other guy had a hat of some obscure team.

The Uni Watch is amazing. If a team changes the thread color on the toe of the left sock of its fourth alternate road jersey, that guy's on it.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Uni Watch might be cool and all, but the guy's dead wrong on the new Caps sweaters. They're nice. Not sure why they thought they needed to have the blue/bronze kits like the Wizards (or vice versa), but the old-style unis are back, and that's alwight with me.

4. chester

chester Member

Nice Field of Dreams reference.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was gonna call him a pervert.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Padres, circa 1978.

Astros, circa those fantastic rainbow days.

Indians, circa those PINK days.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. chazp

chazp Active Member

Can you buy those somewhere? I collect Cubs memorabilia.

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

What the hell is that one-piece uniform? I had seen the other three, but where did that one come from? Is that even real?

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

actually bill, you're right. i was just stating it to make a point about the absurdity and how it might be tough not to go home that day and wonder what the fuck i'm doing with my life. i played up through division III college ball (i was a scrub at that level). i would probably play in a dress if someone would pay me to be a pro ballplayer.

Draft saved Draft deleted