1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wanna see the LPGA's Portland stop?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, Jul 30, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

just shop at Safeway!

have a cousin getting married in southern washington here in a bit and thought about visiting a little early to get in some actual vacation time. he said if we want to go the LPGA's Safeway Classic or whatever they've called it, just stop by the store. seems you get a coupon at the register to turn in there at the event for two tickets for that day. good for any round.

is this common practice (by the LPGA or another pro organization/sponsor) and I just haven't seen it before? it's not like its the WNBA, so I just don't know why they're giving away tickets like that is all ...

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If that includes hotel and airfare, count me in!

3. jps

jps Active Member

sorry, ace ... pretty sure it's just to get in the gate.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I went a few years back, you just needed to show your Safeway Club card. It was a good time. They get a great field year in year out and when I went they had a tent in front of the gate you had to walk through and they gave you a bag and just filled the thing up with product samples so you didn't have to buy any food once you were inside.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

If Natalie Gulbis and Paula Creamer are in the field, I might catch that flight ... It is only two hours from Tahoe? :)

rb

6. jps

jps Active Member

sounds good, rb ... we'll meet up.

Draft saved Draft deleted