1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna get even? Don't do it like Alex Baldwin, do it like Jean Strahan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 23, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think we need a whole symposium on -- Shit, Having a Grip on One's.

Alex Baldwin talks about himself in the first-person plural. Don't like it? Go complain to Tiny Few.

2. boots

boots New Member

I think we need a refresher course in accepting someone as they are.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Huh?

4. boots

boots New Member

Just a retort to Buck's post.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I recognized it as a retort, bootsie, meboy.

It made no sense, hence my reaction.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you mean we as in just you in the first-person plural or we as in all of us posting on this thread, also first-person plural.

Maybe you should just keep referring to yourself as Boots. As in "Boots thinks you should all ignore Boots' grammar and accept Boots as he is." That would be third person. :)

7. boots

boots New Member

THAT would be acceptable.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I propose a contest to name the turd in boots' pocket.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

And somewhere, some feminist or female apologist will rationalize this obviously one-sided, nonsensical judgment and say, "She deserved everything she got."

11. boots

boots New Member

I don't have a turd in my pocket but I will admit to two outstanding pranks to people who were pricks. I once sent a former boss a box of shit with a cherry on it via UPS.
    And to some fucker who got on my nerves, I scraped some shit up under the door handle of his car.
    In both instances, they got gifts they'll remember for a long, long time.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And, of course, you're basing this on having attended the proceedings, read the transcripts, etc.? Why would the terms amaze you? In an amicable divorce, the marital assets, including accumulated savings, are split, and when one spouse has much more earning potential than the other, he/she has to pay support/alimony. Are you not aware that star athletes today make zillions of bucks? Split that, it's a big-ass looking amount. Throw in Michael's infidelity, and more punitive terms are granted.

Society doesn't make divorce super easy, as a reflection of the value, right or wrong, that marriages are better than not having marriages (making the anti-gay marriage concept interesting). That's why the tax code favors marriages.

Draft saved Draft deleted