1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna feel old?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, May 17, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm just glad the kid's johnson isn't out there.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Also, Judgement Day was supposed to happen 15 years ago.

3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I was on-call for the hospital a month or two ago and talked to a soldier who's in Basic Training now that was born in 1993. In 1993, I was in my sophomore/junior year OF COLLEGE.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

and he'd be playing a GNR song at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.
    and instead of taking a video camera and a walkman with him, he'd just have his iPhone

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He'd be playing Smells Like Teen Spirit, duh. Keep up with the thread! :D

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have several nieces and nephews who are now married with kids; that'll make ya feel old.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of movie reboots, but doing Back to the Future in 2015 so Marty can jump back to the time of the original BTTF has potential. Mostly so 2015Marty can introduce dubstep to the new wave kids.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was telling my kid about something I did when I was a kid and he said, "Was that back in the 19s?"

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"So, where the hell are the flying cars?"

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

if I were in Hollywood I would totally pitch that.
    along with dubstep, Marty has to laugh hysterically at the thought of the Kansas City Royals being good.
    and laugh at somebody's computer with 128k of memory

as for the flying cars, would you rather have the gadgets of Back to the Future II or the gadgets we actually have now? I mean a hoverboard would be cool, but I like my PS3, DVR and smart phone

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Over beers with a couple of twentysomething women recently, we got into a debate about "over-rated" and "under-rated" rock acts.

I'll admit they have good taste in music. Yet No. 1 atop both their lists of over-rated acts? Nirvana.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

My cousin, who I had a 15-year head start on, is 18 and will probably get married before I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted