1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wall Street Got Drunk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Wall Street got drunk, it got drunk, (it’s one of the reasons I asked you to turn off your tv cameras.) It got drunk and now it’s got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up, and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments.

Can someone please explain to me what the statement in bold means?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It means the person who said it is dumber than toast and needs to move on -- now.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It means Fredo is back on the sauce.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Without the snark, I think it means getting to back simpler ways of making money (I think he is speaking of the financial industry) - meaning less derivatives, CDOs, Level III assets and other financial hocu-spocus.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Bingo.

And far be it for me to ever toss a bouquet Fredo's way, but for once, he's right. Wall Street DID get drunk with tricked-up devices that blew up in its face.

Of course, since everyone on Wall St. is trained to eat from a big spoon, this happens more often than it should and will happen in some other incarnation again.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

It was obvious to almost everyone prior to Bush saying it (and at least for a year or so) that the market was way overvalued and this is a correction.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wall street has moved on to Fed-supplied heroin.

Draft saved Draft deleted