1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WALL*E

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The only Rosie movie EVER that is at all tolerable is A League Of Their Own.
    Not even that diesel-powered pantload could take that movie down.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ha ha ha

Oh, but she tries to pull it down. Plenty of scene-chewing, there. I buy Rosie as a cat-quick third baseman somewhere after Freddie Printz as a left-handed pitcher with talent to burn.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I was convinced to see Kung Fu Panda by my friend, and I enjoyed it. I actually want to see this one, too.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that was the sequel to Stakeout. I liked the original and there was a time I would give anything with Richard Dreyfuss in it a chance.

I just wish I knew why somebody thought it was a good idea to go from large amounts of screen time for Madeleine Stowe in the original to Rosie in a dominatrix outfit in the sequel, Another Stakeout.

At least we know why they never made "Yet ANOTHER Stakeout"

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Rosie in a dominatrix outfit? I'd go far enough to call it hate-fucking your audience.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Let's not forget, Dan Ackroyd was in leather and studs too.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And Dana Delany was full frontal...

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

And wasn't it based on" one of Anne Rice's erotica books written under a pseudonym?"

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Pixar can do no wrong. I will be seeing this one either tomorrow or Saturday. I couldn't wait to see this one as soon as I saw the first trailer.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I can't wait to see Wall*E -- our movie critic gave it 3 stars and he/she rarely likes much.

My favorite male dressed up:[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is my favorite thread so far to just hit 'new' and see the responses alone.

For instance, the only one I hadn't seen at the time was Mizzou's. So I open a thread about a cartoon, and I see "And Dana Delany was full frontal..."

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Exit To Eden will forever haunt my dreams.

I worked in a video store when it came out on video. Most video stores have promo tapes (probably DVDs now) that highlight expected releases for about a 2-to-3 month period that are played in stores. We'd play ours on a seemingly endless loop.

That image of Rosie O'Donnell and Dan Ackroyd in S&M gear would pop up about four times a day during a typical shift.

(shiver)

I had enough negativity in my life at the time, it's a wonder that didn't drive me over the cellulite-on-leather edge.

Draft saved Draft deleted