1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WALL*E

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Better than all of them. IMO.

It's just a brilliant work. There are a lot of homage/ideas at work here. E.T, 2001, Clockwork Orange, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Vonnegut, Early Lucas, Bradbury, the far-reaching (and unrealized) implications of Spielberg's "A.I." Wrapped in a very simple, sweet package. It's genius. This guy Stanton really did his homework.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wow. Sounds like the kiddies are gonna eat it up. I wasn't looking forward to this, but I will change my tune.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One of the earlier reviews:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film/reviews/article_display.jsp?&rid=11329

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Buddy of mines run a pop culture web site, he got an advance copy to review and he said WALL-E was the best movie he had ever seen.
    Called it damn near perfect.

And the avclub, rapidly becoming my go-to site for all things, has this
    http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/andrew_stanton

Interview with the director/writer

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The NYT talked about it being a gamble commercially, as it has hardly any dialogue and it takes place in kind of a dark setting. Then again, Fantasia didn't have words, and it's my favorite. And Ratatouille was kinda grown up too, so the day may not be far away where Pixar does a film not for the kiddies,

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As long as Steve Guttenberg isn't in it. I'm good.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The trailer was noisome and didn't offer much indication that it would be worth the time. I can't imagine Pixar outdoing Nemo, a visual feast with plenty of genuine good-heartedness to go around.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Will note that any move NOT cursed with Rosie O'D enjoys a considerable head start in life.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm confused. What does Rosie O'Donnell have to do with either of these movies?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I want Pixar to do a Rosie bio-pic.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm trying to remember the flick that unleashed Rosie in a dominatrix outfit. Talk about hating your audience. It was one of those true Holy Shit moments in the movies, and it came out of nowhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted