1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walking while black at Yale University

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 25, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A shame that people like Charles Blow and Doug Glanville have to write NYT columns to get police to apologize for their abuse of power. Maybe one day one of the columns will actually get them to change their ways instead of just apologize.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Apologizing for doing their job?

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I grew up in "The Valley" and, by and large, New Haven is not a great place to be, even by meager Nauagtuck Valley standards. Yes, there are some lovely neighborhoods and architecture but these are relatively removed from Dixwell Avenue and the rest of the downtown area. Sports Haven is a vast improvement from the teletrack carcass it once was but the rebooting and renewal of an off-track betting site isn't a great success story in my book. The Coliseum may finally be getting the bulldozing and makeover it has sorely needed for years but, even then, it may be difficult to attract Fairfield County-like businesses (and the affluent customer base associated with them) to New Haven.

Maybe I'm being too harsh and rooting my negativity in nostalgia for what used to be, when Toad's Place was actually a vital music scene touchstone and you could catch interesting films at York Square Cinema.

/old man yells at cloud

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Saw many great shows at Toad's place and was stunned at the closing of York Square Cinema. That left New Haven without a movie theatre and I had to drive to the multiplex in Orange. I'll also agree that the Coliseum was dreadful and should have been blown up 20 years ago.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jim Morrison agrees

cranberry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted