1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walking in on a true WTF TV moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

To be fair once again, this was Little House way, way past its prime. Nellie replaced by Nancy, Laura as a Mom, 2 new adoptive kids (Shannen included) playing the Olivia on the Cosby Show or Andrew Keaton role.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Unsurprisingly, the orang episode was in the final season of Little House. The episode when a bear (more believable than a primate) mauled Mr. Edwards scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

What was the weirdest part of Father Murphy?

4. Little House ... How about the episode - I think it was a 2-parter - about Alfred's girlfriend who was raped? I think she was raped on more than one occasion I remember correctly.

Freaked me out.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think you mean Albert.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Looked to me like the baby started the fire. Don't slander the orangutan.

7. Yes.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is gold.

A great thread and and find by bubbler. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that writer's meeting where they agreed "what we need this season is an Orangutan character!"

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Does the orangutan get killed off when they blow up the town? I know Michael Landon wasn't an actor for the last season, so they had to come up with something.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

They blew up the town!? Jesus, I missed all the good stuff on that show.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There were three made-for-TV movies after Season 9. I watched the one where Albert gets leukemia and the final one where the Ingalls come back and a railroad baron owns the town, so the residents blow up the buildings in the town when they leave.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The explosions:

When I was a kid I always liked to think that my parents were the Charles and Caroline of our town. Good folks who would stand up to evildoers. I really had nothing to base this on, other than the fact my parents were good people. But why did I think they'd go head to head with Jesse James? Why did I think my dad would stand up to a teacher who slaps kids in the hands with rulers?

But then in 6th grade, on the field trip to the state capitol, a bully on the bus started picking on one of the girls. The teachers either didn't notice or did nothing. The girl was crying. Mom and dad were chaperones and suddenly dad stood up, grabbed the bully by the shoulder and told him to sit down, shut up and behave. Kids looked around in awe. The kid did shut up the rest of the way.

All the way back I thought, "That was something Charles would have done." So proud as a 12-year-old.

Draft saved Draft deleted