1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walker, Palmeiro on Hall of Fame ballot for first time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Clemens is out?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Clemens and Bonds will get in. Maybe not first year, but there is no way in hell those two will be kept out.

I'll be curious what they do with Sosa.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

A certain former Mets catcher would like a word with you.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The problem with that thinking is that it is a major position on a team. It's a spot in the lineup every single day.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Was never implicated. Got the biggest pass of any player in MLB.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Right but Mizzou's phrasing--"either guilty/presumed guilty"--casts a pretty wide net. One in which, I think we can agree, Piazza is ensnared.

8. Mizzougrad96

I don't consider Piazza among that group. Obviously, those of you in NYC know better than I do, and I'm certainly not saying he was clean, but I think he got out early enough that he's not going to be lumped with them.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's not going to be lumped in with them, b/c unlike them, he's not dumb as shit. Amazing what happens when you treat people with a modicum of respect and operate under the radar.

A good guy and a great player who will sail into the Hall on the first ballot. If I had a vote (ha I kill me) I would vote for him without a second thought, as I would Bonds and Clemens. But absolutely everything about him screams active participant in this era.

10. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I agree. Piazza probably cheated, but he probably was smarter about than the others and I don't care what anybody says, when you're a good guy who is pleasant to deal with, you get the benefit of the doubt. Bonds and Clemens won't have that, but they don't need it either. :D

11. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

What he said.

Draft saved Draft deleted