1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walk-out in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SCEditor, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

So do they not care if the former publishers print a competing paper Tuesday through Sunday? What's the big deal with Monday?

2. aztarheel

aztarheel New Member

Phil Goble is a real good guy and he is now the sports guy at the new Surry newspaper --- he's off to a good start with them from what I've seen..

I now have friends on both sides of this deal in the NW North Carolina area. The publishers who left those papers in Surry to start their own thing -- whether or not a lawsuit can be won against them is hard to tell --- but they did do, from the many people I've talked with, A LOT of shady/unethical things on their way out the door. Lost a lot of respect for them.

3. I know several of the folks who got the shaft in Elkin and wish them the best of luck as they try to skullfuck Heartland. Those assholes deserve everything they get.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

From everything I have heard, Phil Goble is a very good guy and knows what he is doing. Never quite understood why some want to bring the smack.

And I apologize in advance if that sounds like a Boots post.

5. aztarheel

aztarheel New Member

it ain't heartland my friend--

Draft saved Draft deleted