1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waitress to Clinton: Where's my tip?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think they'd be interested in stiffed and riding, but I don't know about the tip.

2. Of course not.
    You're not a mulch-for-brains American political reporter.
    Changing my sig, by the way.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Flash is Belinda Stronach!

4. Aren't there hot rumours about la Stronach and President Bill?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I usually leave my tips in cash, whenever I can. Yes, I do it because it's easier for the servers to hide the cash than tip money on the credit card. I know, I am promoting tax hanky-panky, but when it's someone with a base salary of $2.50 per hour who ain't making benefits, I try to make their life easier.

6. Never thought of that. I may leave cash more, but I still feel uncomfortable leaving it on the table ...

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hear ya. It makes sense, especially nowadays.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just Hillary doing her part to hold down inflation and rein in government spending.

9. Have any of you eaten at a Made-Rite? It ain't exactly the kind of place you would normally tip at.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What's odd is that I happened to hear the "clarification" on NPR this morning and they didn't acknowledge that maybe this was a stupid story, just that they didn't report it well.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Never heard of them 'cause we don't have them up here. I was just looking at their website and was wondering, is this a fast food place or a "fancy sit-down restaurant?"

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've never eaten at one, but I thought they were roughly like a Dairy Queen, meaning you could sit down if you wanted to, but most people grab and go.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

Draft saved Draft deleted