1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waitress to Clinton: Where's my tip?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A $20 tip on a $157 bill is something that Clinton and her staffers should be embarrassed about. I get that they said they left a $100 tip, but I’m sorry. If you are going back the next day to give one person more money, at least make it 20%.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In defense of campaign workers, many are college kids working for free and living on mommy and daddy's dime.

I know the fact that they work for the frontrunner's campaign makes it seem sexy, but let's be real.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I agree. I just don't understand why Clinton, herself, didn't pick up the bill. It isn't as if the bill won't be written off later on, tip included.

5. JR

JR Active Member

By the time the loonie right gets a hold of this story, HRC will have stolen all the woman's tip money and burned down her house.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So wait, your money reports, too?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The whole story is a bit weird, but if the workers were sitting down to lunch in public with the former first lady, they were almost surely paid staffers.

8. Here's a little pushback, but I post it only for the quote at the bottom, which ought to be tattooed on the NPR reporter's pointy little head.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/us/politics/09clinton.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&ref=politics&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

But ... but ... but NPR is a liberal mouthpiece and we need to cut its funding.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fuckin'-A.

11. Who would leave $100 on a table?

I usually write my tips because I pay with my debit card, but on those rare occassions I use cash, I make sure my waitress sees me put my measley $4 on the table so someone doesn't else take it.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I once got stiffed by Peter MacKay, then the Conservative candidate for our riding, now the country's Defence Minister.

I should have called the paper?

Draft saved Draft deleted