1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waitress to Clinton: Where's my tip?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 9, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A $20 tip on a $157 bill is something that Clinton and her staffers should be embarrassed about. I get that they said they left a $100 tip, but I’m sorry. If you are going back the next day to give one person more money, at least make it 20%.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In defense of campaign workers, many are college kids working for free and living on mommy and daddy's dime.

I know the fact that they work for the frontrunner's campaign makes it seem sexy, but let's be real.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I agree. I just don't understand why Clinton, herself, didn't pick up the bill. It isn't as if the bill won't be written off later on, tip included.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

By the time the loonie right gets a hold of this story, HRC will have stolen all the woman's tip money and burned down her house.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So wait, your money reports, too?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The whole story is a bit weird, but if the workers were sitting down to lunch in public with the former first lady, they were almost surely paid staffers.

8. Here's a little pushback, but I post it only for the quote at the bottom, which ought to be tattooed on the NPR reporter's pointy little head.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/us/politics/09clinton.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&ref=politics&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

But ... but ... but NPR is a liberal mouthpiece and we need to cut its funding.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fuckin'-A.

11. Who would leave $100 on a table?

I usually write my tips because I pay with my debit card, but on those rare occassions I use cash, I make sure my waitress sees me put my measley $4 on the table so someone doesn't else take it.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I once got stiffed by Peter MacKay, then the Conservative candidate for our riding, now the country's Defence Minister.

I should have called the paper?

Draft saved Draft deleted