1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waiting for word from Iraq

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Voodoo Chile, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Voodoo. I hope everything turns out fine, and all the worrying proves to be baseless.

2. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

No word yet through official channels, but my nephew's friend in Iraq today messaged my sister that my nephew was in the area where the other MPs were attacked, but doesn't know if he was there when they were attacked or responding to it afterward.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Still praying, VC.

4. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

My nephew returned yesterday and he's ok, but another soldier from a town 30 miles from us was one of the ones who was killed. It turns out my nephew was sent on a recovery mission after the initial attacks.
    I feel guilty for feeling relief when another boy's family has suffered such a terrible loss. My heart goes out to everyone who has a relative or friend over there. It's scary to not know what's going on, especially when you know there have been casualties and nobody can tell you where your loved one is.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

No guilt necessary, VC. You're entitled to the relief you feel.

But condolences, of course, to the other boy's family.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Glad your nephew is OK.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have a roommate from college and a XC teammate from high school each on their fourth tours in Iraq. Hang in there Voodoo.

Draft saved Draft deleted