1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait.. We funded the who?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 6, 2012.

1. La. lawmaker is miffed a program she supported to fund public and private education could also fund non-Christian (i.e. Mooslim!) schools.

http://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/louisiana-revelation-school-voucher-funding-it-s-not-just-for-christians

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

An ignorant bigot (yes, I know that is redundant) in Louisiana politics? I'm shocked!

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why we've got both kinds of music ... country and western

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, when you open Pandora's Box.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Founding Fathers were deists, not Evangelical Southern Baptists as Hodges imagines.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Founding Fathers also believed religion should be practiced freely and equally. They made kind of a big deal of it in that Constitution thingy, a point that appears lost on Hodges.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Frankly, none of these schools should be funded by the state.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am irately incensed. Why can't we fund an American band -- like America or even Chicago!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

She won't get fooled again.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've followed the Who's history for decades, and I get the feeling that Townshend, Moon and Entwistle - while great musicians, were dorks.

They seem to try 'too hard' to ham it up in pictures. Just seem dorky... but what do I know.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Roger Daltrey is/was a great frontman, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted