1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait until Al Gore finds out about this!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070228/od_afp/canadaenvironmentkyoto_070228180440

UFO science key to halting climate change: former Canadian defense minister

OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper said Wednesday.

"I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation ... that could be a way to save our planet," Paul Hellyer, 83, told the Ottawa Citizen.

Alien spacecrafts would have traveled vast distances to reach Earth, and so must be equipped with advanced propulsion systems or used exceptional fuels, he told the newspaper.
    "We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough," he said.

Hellyer became defense minister in former prime minister Lester Pearson's cabinet in 1963, and oversaw the controversial integration and unification of Canada's army, air force and navy into the Canadian Forces.

He shocked Canadians in September 2005 by announcing he once saw a UFO.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Find out? Gore already knows.

The extra electricity he uses at his mansion is because he houses and employs illegal aliens. Everybody knows that.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So it was the aliens who invented the Internets, not Al Gore! Dammit! I knew it!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

With the exception of PM Mackenzie King, Hellyer is either the nuttiest or most brilliant Canadian politician of the last fifty years.

He ran against Trudeau in '68 for the Liberal Leadership and has been wandering around the political landscape ever since.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Al Gore invented UFOs. They should be renamed AGFO.

6. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Who invented weapons of mass destruction type activities?

I know exactly where they are, north of Baghdad!

Who invented turning a quarter trillion dollar surplus into a quarter trillion dollar deficit!

Conservative = spend the public's money w/o accountability ignore science.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

In 2002
    President Bush dismissed on Tuesday a report put out by his administration warning that human activities are behind climate change that is having significant effects on the environment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/06/03/tech/main510920.shtml

WASHINGTON (AFP) - With the scientific evidence on global warming increasingly undeniable, US President George W. Bush has publicly embraced the issue of climate change.

But on policy, his administration remains reticent to take any of the costly actions to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that scientists say are the root cause of warming, analysts say.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070203/pl_afp/usclimatewarming_070203091521

Only five years to admit he was wrong about global warming, no policy changes mind you. How long until he breaks out of his fantasy bubble and comes to terms of the civil war waging in Iraq?

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Dude, Lamar. I think I speak for a number of people when I say "chill."

We're poking a wee bit of fun at the crazy Canadian. Join us there.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

What I'm not funny?

You saying I'm not a clown? I don't amuse you?

I'm not here for your personal amusement?

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Save the hostility for things worth being hostile over.

This isn't one of them.

I just read this article to my students, who all had a good laugh.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

From the Wikipedia entry about the crazy Canadian:

"In November 2005, he accused U.S. President George W. Bush of plotting an "Intergalactic War". The former deputy prime minister told an audience at the University of Toronto: "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning" and "The Bush Administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Fredo has been accused of a lot of stuff, but this takes the proverbial cake.

Hellyer's loony as hell but he's one of ours. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted