1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Wait, that was racist?', Wild West edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is dreunc here? A chart of YF's Bundy analogies would be awesome.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hard to do a touchdown dance when you keep moving the goalposts so much.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Unless it's said by a leading Democrat.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/politics/harry-reids-double-standard-on-racism-exposed

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Harry Reid is a racist, too. I'd bet most of the white men of privilege elected to our governments are racist, albeit with the sense to keep their mouths shut about it.

I don't believe Reid is "sorry" for his remark. I don't believe Trent Lott was "sorry" for supporting a segregationist for president.

Not sure what this has to do with Bundy.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just think it's funny that the left laughs at Hannity and others for "running away from" Cliven Bundy once they found out his racist views.

Now, Bundy is a racist, and no Republican should want his own views associated with Bundy's. And, no one should make Bundy a hero. People with his views should be left on the fringe of society.

But, when do Democrats ever have to disassociate themselves from those with repugnant views, or who have committed repugnant acts?

Al Sharpton defamed a former Assistant District Attorney, and he's a frequent guest at the White House, and the President and Attorney General both appeared with him last week.

Bill Ayers was a terrorist, and the President counted him as a friend.

Hannity supported Bundy before he knew his racial views. President Obama was a congregant in the Rev. Wright's Church of two decades.

Bill Clinton took advantage of an intern, sexually harassed Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey, and raped Juanita Broaddrick. But, if you point that out, you're the bad guy, raising uncomfortable issues. Meanwhile, Clinton is the most popular Democrat in the nation. There is no downside to be associated with Bill Clinton.

And, Hillary Clinton is a recipient of the Margaret Sanger Award. Sanger was a proponent of eugenics. She saw abortion as a tool to "severely reduce or eliminate" African-Americans.

Let me know when Sean Hannity shows up to receive the Cliven Bundy Award.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

RIGHT NOW in America tonight, a negro is getting away with something.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.