1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait, that was racist?: High school edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 23, 2016.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly. I've seen the photo of the whole group. The girl with the "I" shirt was the "1" in "2016."

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is why we can't play human Boggle anymore.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks; it's not too far from Chandler, then.

As a quick aside, South Mountain has some cool hiking trails and great views ... when the smog isn't too bad.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sympathizes with these girls.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That was my first thought.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't give a damn if it's Beverley Hills High or Harlan County, high school seniors are capable of knowing what hateful shit that is. No excuses, and good luck getting admitted somewhere more prestigious than Tumbleweeds Community College.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hear Tumbleweeds C.C. is famous for its African American Studies program.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy is this an overreaction.

When I was in high school, you could do basically anything short of killing someone, and it wouldn't follow you and ruin your life (or the next XX years of it). The world was better for young people back then.

Kids be stupid. There's a good reason we don't give them legal responsibility or privileges for a lot of stuff.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly. Mostly what they are learning is that adults can be incredibly shitty.

Doing what they did was dumb. It shouldn't result in death threats and cops in SWAT vehicles guarding the school.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

They should have gone with the much safer "UPPITY" instead.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nobody bats an eye when kids have to go juco because they aren't ready academically. These girls aren't ready socially (indeed if they did this seven months from now they'd be looking at a semester's suspension.) Let them go prove themselves and give the slots at four-year schools to someone that's shown enough maturity to handle it.

Draft saved Draft deleted