1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait a minute... Slash is black!?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Yeah, but you fuck ONE sheep, and you're branded a sheep-fucker for life."[/old punchline]

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If memory serves, I think most of us found out that Slash was half-black during the "One in a Million" controversy which I think was 20 years ago.

David Bowie was his stepfather too.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Couldn't people tell from looking at him? I mean, I know I lived a sheltered life, but my first reaction to One in a Million was, "What the hell? Is he trying to get Slash to quit?" I didn't have cable or satellite at the time, so it's not like I'd seen anything on MTV about it. I just had eyes and could see for myself. I mean I figured he was mixed, because he's so light-skinned and has certain features, but still, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

Ah, all this talk about Slash..I keep googling him to bring up pictures. He was more the image of GNR for me than AXL ever was. Then there was that little cutie Izzy, who was always off hiding in a corner somewhere, just barely in range of the camera. He wrote so much of their music, I'm surprised he never wanted to be in the spotlight, so to speak. Even with his albums he's put out since then, he's wanted to stay on the DL.

Draft saved Draft deleted