1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waaahhh!!! Everyone's so mean to Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 15, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/14/AR2008051403090.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Cry me a river.
    I notice she glosses over the racist tactics of the Clinton campaign.
    I also notice 99 percent of the incidents and comment she cites as hatred of Hillary were by other Dems or libs.

2. "...the Hillary Nutcracker, a device in which a pantsuit-clad Clinton doll opens her legs to reveal stainless-steel thighs that, well, bust nuts. I won't miss television and newspaper stories that make light of the novelty item."

You stay classy, hondo.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

In the last 24 hours, Hillary hasn't even been mentioned on the national news.

Between the Edwards endorsement, McCain's speech and Bush's overseas attack on Obama, Hillary hasn't been brought up once.

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

"Political discourse will at last be free of jokes like this one, told last week by magician Penn Jillette on MSNBC: "Obama did great in February, and that's because that was Black History Month. And now Hillary's doing much better 'cause it's White Bitch Month, right?" Co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski rebuked Jillette."

Slight threadjack, but why is a comedian on a news channel discussing the presidential race? I hardly ever watch these political shows, now I guess I know why. I know, the "political discourse in this country is ridiculous" threads have been plenty, but that's what jumped out at me in this story.

5. I'd like to welcome Yodel to the United States of America.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I've been an ardent Obama supporter from the start, but I'm appalled by this nutcracker. Akin to the Curious George t-shirt those scumbags in Georgia are peddling.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The same reason we've heard from Alec Baldwin, John Travolta, Sean Penn and everyone else -- because we have what, four major cable news networks with 24 hours to fill each day, seven days a week and far less actual news to fill the hours with.

8. When was the last time Sean Penn was on MSNBC?
    Just asking.

9. zagoshe

I have no idea --- I just remember seeing his name mixed up in some inflammatory comments and didn't read the stories, I just assumed he must have made them on cable news.

My larger point was simple -- if you flip through the cable news network during the day you are likely to see all kinds of people from all walks of life opining on presidential politics and other important issues whether appropriate or not.

There is time to fill.

10. There is indeed time to fill.
    And it is more likely to be filled with Penn Jillette making bitch jokes about Hillary Clinton than it is to be filled with Sean Penn talking about George Bush.

11. zagoshe

Ahh, I get it -- this is the point where you start whining about how the conservatives control the airwaves and are meanies to the liberal and how the libral media is a myth all of which is silly.

And I'm quite sure I've seen Whoopi Goldberg and Alec Baldwin as guests on network news channels ripping Bush to shreds far more than any 30 magicians combined.......

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

with jokes, or an air of truth?

Draft saved Draft deleted