1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

W. on NBC Nightly News - Infuriating!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Great. The grown man who just posted "whaaaa" is handing out grammar tips on a message board.

Speaking of laughable.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm pretty sure that's the correct spelling. My spelling, that is. You couldn't even get that right and you were copying it. Keep diggin'.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

And you just keep spinning. Fact remains, you can't argue a single point I made.

Oh, but wait, you're not someone who argues. I keep forgetting, what with all the posts you've made where you do nothing but argue, that you originally said you weren't on here to argue partisan politics.

A few posts in and you've turned into trounced. Keep up the good work.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not here to argue. I'm too busy making fun of you.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

And doing a bang up job. The shame I must feel from using "your" instead of "you're" on a message board. Don't know if I'll be able to recover from such a stinging blow to my ego.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, you seem like you let things go easily.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I let things go just fine, so long as I get the last word.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When the toadies have nothing, they pick nits. They've been doing it for years on this
    board, and they won't change.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

(Do the people who say you should have asked for some sort of sacrifice, do they have a case looking back on it?)

----------

This is the greatest piece of nonsense in American history.
    Sacrifice?
    What, everybody should stop buying TVs? Everybody should stop buying cars? So then we can be in a war, and we can all be out of work? NBC should have been embarrassed for asking this question.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Enough out of work, as it is. The ChiTrib's sub department goes to the Phillipines? I may vomit.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what was meant. More along the lines of a madatory year of public service after HS or something like that. I have mixed feelings on it, & I don't think he gave an A answer, but that's not a bad question, probably top tier of what he gets asked.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I watched the piece last night. If you don't support President Bush (like me), he is just so infuriating to listen to.

But I can see if you like him, his unshakeable self-belief can be reassuring.

Draft saved Draft deleted