1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

W. on NBC Nightly News - Infuriating!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

(on Katrina screwing up your presidency):
    W: "I stood in Jackson Square and I said we're going to help you, and we delivered."

(On war and perception around the world):
    W: "Did we fight the wrong war? The answer to that: I have no doubt. The war came to our shores. Remember that. We had a foreign policy that basically said let's hope calm works, and we were attacked."

(Brian Williams follows-up: "But those weren't Iraqis.")
    W: (stutters) No, I agree they weren't Iraqis, nor did I ever say that Iraq ordered that attack. (Note that he's backed off the contention that he never linked Al Qaeda and Sadaam.) But they're a part of - Iraq is a part of struggle against the terrorists. In terms of image, of course I worry about American image (not his own image). We're great at TV yet we're getting crushed in the PR front. I personally do not believe Sadaam Hussein picked up the phone and said to Al Qaeda 'Attack America.'"

(**A point here for the Pat Buchanon build a wall around America crowd: isolationism doesn't work. You sometimes have to talk to people you don't like.)

(Do the people who say you should have asked for some sort of sacrifice, do they have a case looking back on it?)

W: "Americans are sacrificing. We pay a lot of taxes. Americans sacrificed when the economy went in the tank... when air travel was disrupted. American taxpayers have paid a lot to help this nation recover."

(Tension when you get together with your dad, GHWB)
    W: "My relationship is adoring son... Sometimes we do (talk shop). That's a really interesting question. It's kind of conspiracy theory at its most rampant..."

Almost every quote is absurd on its face. W can't reason the war without contradicting himself in the same sentence. He's patting himself on the back over how he's handled Katrina. Our worst problem is PR? P-fucking-R? And this fascist rhetoric is ridiculous.

Edit: I guess maybe this should be on "Anything Goes". I'd appreciate a move.

Edit 2: Okay. I thought "news" might have meant something like job-related sports journalism news and alerts. I just came in and put my stuff down at the first spot I saw. So hell, leave it here.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Um, it's "news".

You know, Fredo, NBC and all. If it isn't news, then what is?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

More hounds than you can imagine:

[​IMG]

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This thread is good where it is.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This thread needs more doggie pics.

[​IMG]

The hounds of all hounds--Irish Wolfhounds.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

These hounds feel the same way I do about W's apparent lack of intelligence. :D

[​IMG]

7. OK - are pictures of dogs news too?

Can we keep the stupidity over on the Anything Goes Board?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

9. Name calling and doggie pictures.

Yup - that's "news"

[​IMG]

Carry on with the doggy pictures - if you think that passes for intelligent banter then there's really no point on my part

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

You know, a pig just flew through my window, so I logged on here, and voila: Chris_L has become the voice for intelligent debate on the Interweb.

I shall now await the Four Horsemen, albeit in my underwear.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Should you do that? What with the occasional dribbling and all?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As long as you keep him away from punctuation, he's fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted