1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

W.C. Heinz for Red Smith Award (2007)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jones, Jun 13, 2006.

1. rgd

rgd Guest

Everyone should read The Rocky Road of Pistol Pete. ... I'm in.

2. swenk

swenk Member

No sports library is complete without What a Time It Was: The Best of W.C. Heinz on Sports. (Just looked it up on Amazon, they have one copy left, so hurry!).

Proud to add my newbie name to the list.

--Shari Wenk, SLW Literary Agency

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

We are in a business that is full of cynicism.

W.C. Heinz transcends that cynicism. His writing brings me back to an awe-filled childhood reading great sports writers from so many eras.

W.C. Heinz transcends those eras. His writing is timeless; there is never a time when one can read "Death of a Racehorse" and not get choked up with emotion.

W.C. Heinz transcends my emotions. "Racehorse," in particular -- his single greatest piece of work, in my opinion -- brings every one of my emotions to the forefront. I read it for the umpteenth time tonight: I still cried.

Vote W.C. Heinz for the 2007 Red Smith Award. The man is the living embodiment of such an honor.

I'm on board, Jonesy.

- Buckdub

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Count me in too. If you need a formal letter or a real-name signature, you know where to find me.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Sign me up.

6. I'm in. Can't get enough of Death of a Racehorse.

7. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Mark me down.

8. I'm embarrassed to have taken so long before reading this thread. If it's not too late, please add Billy Pritchard to the list of supporters. :-[ :-[ :-[

9. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I never even glanced at this thread until today.

Now I'd like to add my name to the list.

Jeff Gluck
    Ontario, Calif.

Draft saved Draft deleted