1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

W Almost Blowed Up Good

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 8, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Business Insider

Plug it in, fire it up, Mr. President

The Detroit News

[​IMG]

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He really is a retard isn't he?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thus saving the free world from Democracy in action

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

That does it.

From now on, I'm pulling for Jeff Gordon.

5. Winner, winner. Easter dinner.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, he said off the record and they printed it? This belongs on the Journalism board. :D

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank Mr. Mulally for saving us from 2 years of President Cheney.

And for saving me from the expense of moving to Australia.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

"I can assure you, there was no link between the President's death and his plugging an electrical cord into a hydrogen tank."

9. The Government Of The United States Would Like To Inform You That Your President Died Because He Was Stupid.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Like all of you would have known where to plug in?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

The man is a fucking moron and those of you who still defend him are even bigger morons.

12. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

You don't really believe he was smart enough to know which end went in without the aid of Wolfowitz, Rummie, Dick, Alberto, Harriet and Condi.

The W braintrust has worked together to get us into a quagmire, double our national debt, ensure the richest get richer while more Americans fall into poverty and we have no plan to ween ourselves from our oil addiction.

Yeah, we don't believe in global warming either. Those polar ice caps were fixin' to melt no matter whuuutt!

But, if something did happen to W and Dick was impeached ... hello Madam President. Maybe, she was preparing for reality-based presidency again with her recent MIddle East trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted