1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VYoung:Pacman doesn't care about the team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"Vick and Young.....they're not similar."

Really? One is a career 53% passer while the other completed 51.5% last year.

Similiar to me.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One was a rookie. The other has six seasons' experience. Those stats aren't exactly a fair comparison.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Sorry, I forgot to use the sarcasm font for the last two sentences. But I still stand by the belief that it's nice to see a young athlete take a stance on subject matter like this. I just keep a little bit of cynicism in the back of my mind, though. It's sad, but you never know when a skeleton may pop out of the closet.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The context wasn't the stats, it was the character & behavior.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dozen't?

Duzzen't?

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't need any stats to tell me that Vince Young is a winner and Michael Vick is a loser. All Vince Young has ever done is win.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, I agree with most of that...except for attributing the coverage of this story to writers covering up their past mistakes with Young.

This is a story because a high-profile starting quarterback actually spoke up negatively and publicly about one of his teammates. That just doesn't happen often enough in the NFL. And it is impressive that he was willing to do so. Plus, this provides another angle to write more about Pacman Jones.

It's a legitimate story.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Just wait until VY gets more talent around him.

Big Chee, you got it all wrong. There was no question that this guy had work ethic and leadership and Mack Brown continued to say that to everyone. The only thing that worried scouts was his throwing motion and accuracy.

P.S. I don't know how good VY will be this year though. He's got a worse supporting cast coming into this season than he had last season.....and he's on the cover of Madden.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm no Vick fan, but he took his Hokies to the National Title game against Florida State as a freshman. Or did he have nothing to do with that one?

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Remember that Vick was God after leading the Falcons to the NFC title game after a playoff win in Green Bay.

Vince Young has had one season. His numbers were nothing special, his passing still needs a hell of a lot of work. His athleticism and moxie won all those games. No one will eat crow for a while.

11. WSKY

WSKY Member

Vince betta watch out, he may be Pacman's next hit

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Actually, no. He mad a ton if clutch throws. Remember that Giants game?

Draft saved Draft deleted