1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VYoung:Pacman doesn't care about the team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2912448

Nice to see VY being a leader. I understand how hard it is if he's being good to you when you're together, but going not staying on the down low pretty much crossed the line. Teammates will always back up each other, but its nice to see that VY realizes enough is enough.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Re: VYoung:pacman dosn't care about the team

At least Vince likely isn't hanging out with his posse at strip clubs at 4 a.m., though.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What is your problem with spelling doesn't? Seriously. That's two thread titles.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I doen't know.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

that's what happens when I try to type real fast. my bad.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Good for VY, stepping up and taking a stand on a hot-button topic instead of either dancing around the subject or take a Jeter-esque approach & say a whole lot of nothing. The NFL (and all other leagues, for that matter) need more guys like him. Of course, I retract these statements as soon as Young gets a ticket for jay-walking and I'll be quick to point out that he symbolizes what is wrong with pro sports. [/ducking]

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight.... Vince Young is against shooting and paralyzing people? Awesome. What a leader. Abraham Lincoln, move over, you have some company.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Players don't do this very often. They either clam up or back up their teammates far too often. I know I'm more of a fan of Young's now than I was before this.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I still won't pick him for my fantasy team.

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Yep. Writers are locked firmly into the honeymoon stage with VY right now, eager to praise his every step (btw, I remember once upon a time when the same applied to Vick), but those winds can shift in an instance.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think the point is, a to-be second-year player called out a teammate before the media for bad behavior, which doesn't always happen in NFL locker rooms. Even if it's common sense.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I recall many writers questioning Vince before entering the NFL, questioning his work ethic, mental aptitude to play the position and his leadership. The Wonderlic test became a household name because of him.
    They're just covering how stupid Vince's play has made them look.

Vick and Young.....they're not similar.

Draft saved Draft deleted