1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VT at Duke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 6, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fear the MVC.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Suck it, Dickie V.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn skippy.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Paulus' line: 0 points, 1 assist, 6 turnovers. Duke won't go far with point-guard play like that.

It makes me curious why Paulus ends up taking the final shot. Did Krzyzewski set it up for him to take the final shot in an attempt to boost his confidence. If so, it backfired!

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No, he was left with no choice after they botched the pass in the backcourt and had to scramble. At that point, it was rush it and shoot it.
    You'd think they were looking for Nelson, who had a great day and is one hell of a player.

Ellis, your point is not invalid. The Richmond result is a bit misleading both ways. Richmond played them closer than the final but it was not terribly close once the usual starters were actually in the game - if that makes sense.

What should trouble Tech fans is not so much the four losses but that they occured late against teams Tech could have beaten. It's not a stretch to say this team could well be 15-0 now. Today was the first time Tech showed a little sack late.

6. ondeadline

A little, yes. But it they'd made one or two shots in overtime, the Hokies wouldn't have been in position to need a nice block at the end.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The Princeton offense has sunk many a team, Ellis. Those scores can often be misleading.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but Tech did NOT make those shots. And, instead of folding up like it did when things went shitty in earlier games, it sacked up anyway. Played some good D, hung in, all that rot.
    Showed some sack.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Just with the couple of ACC games I've seen this year, it looks like it might be the football season all over again for these guys. Lots of mediocre, beatable teams and very few standouts. I don't know a thing about Clemson, but I don't think they'll be undefeated for long.

Tremendous game, by the way. Too bad it seemed like everyone was focused on the temperature of the building moreso than the actual game.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Am I imagining things, or do the Hokies ALWAYS play Duke tight at Cameron?

11. WS

WS Member

Greg Paulus and Josh McRoberts are the two most overrated players in the country. They won't win schitt until they leave

12. ondeadline

I guess when it's 88 degrees on the platform near the roof where the broadcasters are working, that tends to make them mention the heat.

By the way, who was worse: Paulus or the Cameron Indoor Stadium clock operator?

Draft saved Draft deleted