1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VT at Duke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I really think Duke is gone in the first round of the NCAA tourney. They'll be a 4ish seed and have to play a mid-major from the MVC ... and lose.

Paulus has been terrible. They sat him for most of OT so far.

VT, meanwhile, looks athletic as hell. Bunch of good players ... not sure if they can put it all together as a team, though ...

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

god. fucking. dammit.

A fucking line drive? THAT'S the best you can bring, with the defensive team scrambling?

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Boy, this overtime was played as if both teams aren't near midseason form offensively. Neither seemed to be able to make a clutch shot.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A. Duke will NOT be a 4 seed.

B. Did you see that graphic? VT has four losses by a total of 10 points. This is not a bad team.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

SWEET!

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

May not have been pretty, but VT (and especially Washington) earned that one. He might be my second favorite Hokie (big Jamon Gordon fan)...

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Western Michigan
    Southern Illinois
    GW
    Marshall

THAT was the four teams.

Still a damn nice W for them.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Boy that put a cap on a totally crappy game for Paulus, didn't it. Even though it was clean block since he didn't appear to get him with the body, I'm surprised the refs didn't make a call in Cameron. So much for Krzyzewski intimidation.

10. Moderator1

Hell, Paulus was the one in backcourt who let it hit him in the face, was he not? Yeah, not his best day.

11. Hey, the Salukis are legit, dammit! Still, Tech almost lost to Richmond a few days ago, so I see your point.

12. Moderator1

Not really. Outscored Richmond by 24 once the starters were put in - Greenberg benched his seniors for some reason.
    SIU is legit and GW is good. Tech was in position to win both those games.

Draft saved Draft deleted