1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vote with the Pope or die!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yawn, two things. For one, the only catholic candidate is Rudy. Whoooo boy!

Also, Benedict was John Paul's right-hand man. And when JP2 was losing his functional ability, it was Benedict who was, to put it crudely, the puppeteer. That's why for the last several years there's been a constant direction, at least by my own perception. The bishops knew what they were doing when they did it.

But the reality is, they're just a bunch of old, mainly white dudes. They're often tragically wrong because there really isn't any hotline to God. Except for the one Pat Robertson has. Otherwise, it's all just a guess.

And the reality is, they'd tell catholics not to vote if you had to take a candidate based on church doctrine. Taken literally, all of the candidates dovetail wildly away from the church on certain important teachings.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Are Catholics the Shiites or Sunnis of Christiandom?

3. Unless he gives Poland back to the Commies, Pope Ratz is doing exactly what his predecessor wold have wanted him to do. As a member of the People of god, as defined by the Council fathers of Vatican II, I feel safe in telling His Holiness to jam it.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's because money talks.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

These days, the Vatican allows itself to be used as an ideological enforcement arm by conservative politicians (not all of them Republican, if you live in R.I.).

Draft saved Draft deleted