1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vote on the fate of Bonds' baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ha. i remember just seeing a pic of that douchenozzle today and wondering to myself: "who is that dipshit?"

name didn't do shit for me, either.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

But it must be nice to throw money away like that.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I, reluctantly, have to agree with the Steroid shithead ... Mark Ecko is a fucking moron for spending three-quarters of a million dollars so he can have his see-how-cool-I-am, feed-my-ego internet poll.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think we need to know just how much money he has before we can make that statement. hell, i don't pay $80 for a steak.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't care how much money he has...
    I still think he's an ass to spend that much and let a bunch of internet dolts make a decision for him, just so he can get lots of attention!

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe it's worth it to him. not everybody is as popular as you and i. ;)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

You know tom, you're probably right about that

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damned straight, dog.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Consider it a marketing campaign. He could spend the money on magazine ads or on a baseball. He'll probably bring more attention to his clothing line with this method anyway because so many people are asking, "Who the hell is Mark Ecko." He designs a hip-hop clothing line, by the way. Been around for at least the past decade.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

It makes sense, really. Of course, he wants to "get lots of attention!" He's not some Chris Crocker or Taser Boy. He has an already-established business and a way to market it while also putting the Hall of Fame in a shitty spot, which makes the Bonds situation as awkward as it deserves to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted