1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Voodoo Fest, NOLA, Sunday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Me and Mrs. D_B_V are going over to NOLA Sunday to see R.E.M., among others. Anybody else in the neighborhood that day?

2. WWOZ's been plugging it all week. Sounds like a great lineup.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My arm could be twisted ...

4. Psst, JD. Over here, man.

[​IMG]

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Ooooh, shiny object ...

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I wanted to get down there, but I've been feeling like shit for a couple of days now. Never fails, I take a week off from work and I get sick.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Well, met up with JD for lunch at Maspero's. Delish, as usual. REM was fantabulous, and Cowboy Mouth playing just before them were the energetic ball of Fred we've all grown to know and love. The one big disappointment was I couldn't catch Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue. They played at virtually the same time as REM. I know I'll catch Trombone Shorty and the gang around these parts again, though.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did you say R.E.M?

John will be here in 5....4.....3.....2.....

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Ha! Funny you should mock me because my parents were down there for the Georgia-LSU game and actually had brunch Sunday with the band's manager/lawyer.

If REM had played Saturday I probably would have gone down there since the godawful team I cover was off this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My sister in law (who grew up in the Philly suburbs) was there for most of it. Saturday night she's texting my wife and her mother for updates asking if the game's going to be played. Last night I send her a text in the fifth inning (after Blanton's) homer giving her an update. She responds with I'm watching it. I text back I thought you were at voodoo fest. Her response was that she has her priorities straight - go to the fest, but leave in time to watch the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted