1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volleying U.S. Open (Tennis!) Thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

was in st. lou a few weeks back ... such different experiences with transportion.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Venus and Serena are in the same half of ther draw, thus can not play each other in the final. Serena is in Henin's quarter.
    Sharapova is practically seeded to the final.. toughest people in her half are the other Russians..Petrova et al, who simply donlt have the guts to beat her.

Sharapova wins again.

Federer remains untouchable on these courts...which are supposedly now playing faster than the grass at Wimbledon

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I would really like to see Blake make a run, get to the semis or something. He's actually playing well now.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

But has never really won a big match at a Grand Slam event.

5. nafselon

Sure hasn't. He's lost some pretty dramatic ones.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sad to say, key word is "lost."
    Very good player...not an elite player.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I won't be able to go today or tomorrow. If I do go, it's gonna be Thursday. If there are any other SportsJournalists.commers in the building, drop me a line and maybe we can do a hasty nycSportsJournalists.com meetup.

8. nafselon

I agree, he should just give up and save us the time :) Especially since he could be massaging Heather Mitts' ACL or something.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am not really sure what is going on right now, but whoever Roddick just beat keeps cracking jokes into the mic and is now interviewing Roddick for USA. Now, Roddick is interviewing him.
    Very strange.

10. standman

standman Member

Actually, it's unfortunate there aren't more players like this on the tour. Men's tennis is pretty short on personlities, although there is a healthy appreciation of what Federer is doing these days.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Justin Gimelstob (sp?). Another American. I think the two are friends.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought it was hilarious, I just couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted