1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volleying U.S. Open (Tennis!) Thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Details, details.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If I go, I'll get you a Federer autograph.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd love you forever if you did that ;)

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hmmm. I'll think about it.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Yes it's one of the most underrated sports atmospheres around. It's just very festive and a lot of fun. Especially doing the daily double of an afternoon day of tennis and a Mets nightcap.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How much do I have to spend for decent tickets? Yes, I know I can look up prices on the Web, but what is the best bargain?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Depends, for good seats for the Arthur Ashe evening sessions it's around 60-75. That's a step about promenade seating.

For a grounds pass, $40-50 sounds about right. I am a big fan of a grounds pass for the day and the Ashe evening session. You'll see a lot of good tennis for around $100-120

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not a big miss prissy pants fan to be honest, and i don't think she's all that hot, either. but i really see her blowing this one. it's a timing thing.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Naf, that's a bit out of my price range. Would the grounds pass still get me into Ashe for standing room? Or is that totally separate?

10. great event to attend. lots of fun. take the 7 train. don't drive - especially if Mets are home

i'm going with Blake and Henin

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seperate.

If you do go, nafelson has it right. The electricity of a good night match is something you won't soon forget. (And you also won't forget the subway ride home from Queens at midnight, but for different reasons.)

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

For you wrestling fans who just turned to USA to see tennis instead of Randy Orton, it's on SciFi this week.

The More You KnowTM

Draft saved Draft deleted