1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volleyball team complains about skimpy shorts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

yeah, and seeing my lilly-white legs isn't right either.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Oh come a lot of girls dress in skimpy stuff like that anyway.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is it true that girls with skimpy shorts try harder?

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

When the skimpy shorts first came into vogue, I asked an official why teams were switching to them (I was doing the score keeping for my university because I knew the coach, who just happened to coach at the juco I was at the year before, but that's beside the point).

State U was playing Private College in a volleyball match. State wore the bikinis, P.C. wore the baggy shorts. The official told me to look where they players hands were before serve. Sure 'nuff, State's hands were in position ready to receive serve while P.C.'s where down at the hem of their shorts trying to tug them up higher on their thighs.

So there's some justification. I'm sure someone noticed and thought to themselves, "If this is a problem, let's eliminate the legs on the shorts." It's like a few years ago when girls were tucking the shoulders of their basketball jerseys under the cuff (sometimes, I even swear one of the girls was somehow tying them into knots). Someone decided to come out with the "racer backs" with those big cutouts on the back and I'll bet it was to keep the players from being distracted by the shoulders of the uniform getting untucked.

Now, this could all be 100-percent B.S. and women's volleyball and basketball uniforms are actually being designed by pervs with leg and shoulder fetishes. I dunno. :p

5. In college, the conference my school was in was known for girls with particularly thick body parts crammed into those shorts. The male turnout for the volleyball matches nearly rivaled basketball one season...and the men had just made the NCAA's the March before!

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That video was great. Glad to see them getting into the spirit.

But those shorts aren't bad. They're about the same length as soccer shorts.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

These guys should take solace in this fact -- Nobody gives a rat's ass about volleyball so nobody will see them in their shorts because nobody will watch their games.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sadly, Nike seems to be pushing the length of soccer shorts longer. About 8-years ago, I would agree with you on the length. Now, not so much.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Pastor prepares for a match at the local tennis club ...

[​IMG]

Seriously, I have boxer briefs that might be longer than those.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Remove the velcro shoes and the knee high socks (I'm not a Catholic school girl) and you got it!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ha! I'll be watching now.

Draft saved Draft deleted