1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volleyball coach threatened by parents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mooninite, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What she said but, yes, it is worth pursuing.
    Carefully. If I'm your editor, I have 8 million questions and it doesn't run until they are answered.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Yes.

Couple of years ago, we had two local teams (bitter rivals, by the way) going to the state tournament. Ad rep for one of the towns sold a congratulatory ad package that was in color. The one for the other town, a new guy, sold a B&W package.

Next day, I spent most of the time on the phones with parents wondering why their school's ad was in B&W, and the other one was in color. They didn't understand my explanation that my dept. had nothing to do with it.

I even got yelled at by the coach, who said this was another example of how we favored the other school over her school. I finally said, "You're 24 hours away from playing in the first round of the state tournament, and this is what you're worried about?" She had no answer.

Getting back to the original subject of the thread....

There are plenty of avenues to travel here, and all of the suggestions on this thread are good ones. Especially the FoIA one. If you could somehow get a hold of those threatening e-mails, you might have a hell of a story.

Draft saved Draft deleted